Home » Health Practice Standards
Health Practice Standards
Advanced Eye Care, SC, is committed to providing excellent and compassionate care to all patients. Please know that we will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure that you are in a safe and healthy environment.
For in-office appointments, the following standards are in place:
- Arrival: Please time your arrival to our office no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment time. Should you arrive earlier, you may be asked to return closer to your appointment time.
- Screening: If you are experiencing any cold-like symptoms, which include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea, you must contact us at 815-485-2727 and reschedule your appointment. Upon the initiation of your appointment, you will have your temperature checked with a contactless thermometer.
- Masks: Face masks are optional in our office for patients, guests, and employees. If you exhibit any symptoms of any illness, we will request that you wear a mask. During direct patient care, you may request that our staff member also wear a mask.
- Social Distancing: If possible, we ask that your guest waits in the Pavilion Lobby or vehicle during your visit. If necessary, your guest may accompany you for your physician evaluation or when meeting with our surgical schedular.
- Cleaning: All high-touch surfaces are cleaned routinely during the day. Each testing machine and exam room is thoroughly cleaned between each patient, and each night our office receives a deep clean. We have installed barriers at our front desk and in our exam rooms. Ample hand sanitizer is throughout the clinic. We have removed all shared items, like magazines. We are making use of all available resources to provide you with confidence in a safe experience while in our practice.
- Digital Check–In: Before your appointment, you will receive an email with all your front desk forms. By completing these forms online before your appointment, we can reduce passing paper in the office and eliminate the use of clipboards and pens.
For our surgical patients:
- Silver Cross Surgery Center and Silver Cross Hospital have enhanced screening and safety protocols
- Patient screening, visitor restrictions, and universal masking should be expected at locations
- More information can be found here: Silver Cross Surgery Center
- For questions related to surgery, please call 815-485-2727 Option 4.
We can help with Glasses & Contact Lenses
- Glasses – Our optical shop is taking appointments for shopping or adjustments and repairs. Please call 815-485-2727 Option 3 to make an appointment for our optical shop.
Contact Lenses – If you need to order contact lenses, orders can be placed over the phone with our optician or online at our website, www.advancedeyecaresc.com. You may also send an email to email@example.com